From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 16:37:23 -0400
>From:    Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Megabyte, my 16-week old male, often leaves a small droplet of
>"something" on me when I pick him up >or we're playing.  It must be urine -
>it's strong and nasty smelling.

Have you had Megabyte check for infected anal glands?  I know that being a
MF ferret he is supposed to be descented.  But I've already experienced 2 of
my MF babies having problems w/their *non-existant* anal glands.  My Gus was
about 2 1/2 yrs old when his anal glands began showing the same symptoms as
Megabyte - a drop of yellow liquid that reeeeeeeeeeeally smelled.  My little
girl, who was about 3 yrs old, had an impacted anal gland which was
discovered by my vet.  Both of them required surgery to correct the problem.

Gus' problem happened close to 9 yrs ago, before I ever started to see
tattoos other than MF.  I would have Megabyte checked right away to prevent
the possible spread of infection throughout her system.  Just because
they're MF doesn't mean they can't have anal gland problems.

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo