From:
Renee Ryerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:13:23 -0400
Howdy all!

I'm moving from Brooklyn to the San Francisco Bay area, and I posted a
couple weeks ago asking for help figuring out how to get my two ferrets
from here to there safely.  First I'd like to thank the people who emailed
me VERY helpful information and say that I plan to use it, probably flying
from Philadelphia or Newark to Reno and then renting a car and driving
AROUND the checkpoints using the map I got from the Ferrets Anonymous
website.  I also plan to use the vet recommendations.

My next hurdle is finding a temporary home for the girls while I'm looking
for an apartment in CA.  I have a place to stay for a month or two while
I'm looking, but can't keep my ferrets there because my host is afraid
of his landlord (and being more than generous housing me while I'm house
hunting).  I can't bring them to CA until I have a safe place to keep them,
so I'm looking for somewhere to leave them in the Philadelphia/New Jersey
area until mid July or so--hopefully less than a month.  I have a friend in
Philadelphia who can watch them for a short while but not the whole time,
although he could be there in case of an emergency.

Is there anyone on FML who would consider taking the girls for a couple of
weeks?  They're two 3.5-year-old sprite sisters from a breeder in New
Jersey, and both are very healthy and playful.  They recently got their
rabies shot for the year and are going in for distemper soon.  They don't
bite, only mouth you if you're playing or hand-wrestling with them.

Oh wait, they do attack toes under blankets (but then WHO can resist toes
under blankets?!?!?!).

Frett is kind of dopey and slower and sweeter and friendlier (more popular
with my friends), and Sully is squirmier, smarter, and terribly determined.
They both come immediately to the sound of the squeaky Christmas tree (but
then WHO can resist a squeaky Christmas tree?) and will do anything for a
lick of ferretone.

I will be happy to bring health certificates and all of their supplies to
someone's home, leave extra money in case of an emergency, and INSIST on
donating some money to the caretaker (or his or her ferrets) in return for
the favor.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you or someone you know might be able
to help us out--and thanks in advance for helping me keep my girls despite
my move to CA.

THANKS!

-Renee R.

PS I'd also GREATLY appreciate advice (to [log in to unmask] not to annoy
others) from anyone who's had to move furniture and clothes across the
country cheaply.  It's more (and further) than I'd feel comfortable
putting in a truck and driving on my own.