From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 12:36:38 -0600
This topic has to be as contraversial as what we feed our kids.  As we so
often comment - they are each individual little people.  So, different
things work for different ferrets.  I have used Johnson & Johnson's Baby
Shampoo for nearly 10 years on 8 different ferrets and had no problems.

There's also something called "Mane & Tail Shampoo" that horse groomers use,
and it's recommended for horses, cats, dogs, *people*, and other animals
with sensitive skin.  (I think the pet stores here are selling more for
people use than pet use!) It sells for $8.95 at PAWS pet food, I know that
Fairplay carries it too, and around $10 - $12 at some groomers in Calgary.
Apparently, the theory behind the product is that horses must be rinsed
absolutely clean of any shampoo or conditioner as it irritates their skin,
so there will be no residue if you used this product.

I am concerned with the use of Avon's skin-so soft product as our critters
groom themselves, and as such would be taking in the perfume and oil (it is
an oil-based product), which I wouldn't think would be good for their little
bodies.
++++
Calgary, Alberta    CANADA
++++