From:
rondazmail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:53:35 -0400
Hello,

My nearly 6 month old female kit, Lulu had her first distemper shot
yesterday.

In the first 30 mins. of having the shot she got extremely lethargic...
she laid in a blanket in my arms or on my lap for 25 minutes while I
stroked her & spoke to her. (She has never sat so still while awake &
out of her cage in the 7 weeks that I have had her). She did not want
to be placed in her travel taxi for the ride home, but since I did not
have a harness, etc., I placed her in her hammie in the carrier. She
stayed close to me & eventually curled up in the litter box below the
hammock.

It was an hour long ride home & I did not want her to spend it lying
in her litter box so I stopped & placed her in her hammie again...we
repeated this 3 more times before we arrived home.

Once home, she had a long drink & went to sleep in her normal spot in
her cage. She had not eaten much that day & did not want to come out
for her evening play time out of her cage. She perked up a bit around
9pm (8 hrs. after the injection) ate a third of her chick & again had
a good long drink but still would not come out of the cage.

Overnight she ate a handful of kibble & seemed to be back to her old
energetic self.

IS THIS A NORMAL RESPONSE OR SHOULD I PUT OFF A SCHEDULED RABIES SHOT
IN 3 WEEKS as well as her 2nd distemper shot scheduled for 7 weeks????

This is my first time with a kit this young (an my first post)...any
feedback would be appreciated J

Thanks.
Ronda