From:
JLThomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 12:28:23 -0500
We were selected to provide a home for a sweet little girl ferret named
Lexus.

She is too timid to react well with our older and more aggressive Jaws,
But we tried letting her play with Buzzsaw ( a black tailed prarie dog)
and they get along great.  Touch noses, chase each other thru the tube,
and work together to and escape under the door to another bedroom that I
had to ferret proof, just in case.  They will even climb up in the same
lap if it looks like treats are in the offering.

Ferret treats fo Lexus and a peanut for Buzzsaw.  Which is cute considering
they are natural enemies in the wild.  We didn't do as well with the
cockatiel though.  He hasn't got off the bottom of his cage since I caught
Lexus hanging on the side of it trying to get the roof off.  I moved him to
a new hook out of reach but he is still hiding in the bottom of his cage.
I don't know if Lexus would eat the bird or not, but she about gave him
heart failure anyway.  New ferret new rules, Jaws never looked at that bird
once in all the time we have had him.