From:
Laurel Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:29:19 -0800
Anybody have any hints for getting ferrets to lay off biting dog ankles?
They get along with my cat - she play fights back, but my blue heeler is
terrified of them.  He won't bite them - has never even snapped, but he runs
and climbs up onto my lap for safety, which provokes them into thinking he's
the best bite toy ever.  He and the cat are pals, too - he sucks on her head
and ears, she smacks him, and they chase each other around.  Right now he
and the ferrets just don't play loose in the same room, but i'd like to
start them socializing.