From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:11:23 -0700
>From:    Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re my "ferret in need" post

>Well, Ron, it depends.  The vaccination has to be more than 30 days
>before the show date...so you just made it.  But...it has to have been
>with Fervac.  At least that's what I understand...it's an AFA
>requirement.  Bill?  Is this correct?

The AFA requires vaccinations with USDA approved vaccines.  That means
Fervac-D for distemper and, where required by law, Imrab-3 for rabies.

As long as the makers of Galaxy-D don't make the effort to support the
ferret communtity, they don't deserve much support from the ferret
community.  Lets hope and encourage that Merial keeps going with their
new distemper vaccine!

Can't say about ferrets just visiting, despite all the shows we've been
to we've never brought ferrets just to visit.  All kits and shelter
ferrets up for adoption require the same vet checks and vaccinations the
ferrets being shown get.

>Rabies vaccinations are "recommended" but not required.

The AFA show policy is to require rabies vaccinations where the law
requires it.  Recommends it where the law doesn't require it.

bill&diane
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets