From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:36:25 +0800
Lin wrote:

>There are pros & cons to raw.  There are pros & cons to kibble.
>Everyone has their personal preference, depending on their
>circumstances.  Some ferrets prefer raw.  Some ferrets prefer kibble.
>You go w/ your own personal flow.
>
>And, just like w/ religion, you don't try to ram your personal beliefs
>down the throats of those who don't want to hear them.

I agree......but. :-)

Years ago, when my first ever ferret chose to live with me, I noticed
that she had typical carnivore teeth, so I fed her a raw meat based diet.
No problem.

When I eventually had access to the 'net and soon after, the FML, all I
ever heard was, "ferrets are obligate carnivores and therefore they need
a high quality kibble."

If you go to any web site to do with ferrets you will mostly see the same
thing.

I board ferrets, and often when new boarders arrive their owners are very
surprised when I outline the diet that will be available.  "I didn't know
they could eat that!  The person who sold the ferrets to me/ vet/ pet
shop/internet didn't let me know "

This is what I perceive to be the biggest problem.  Most people don't
KNOW that there is a choice.  Most people don't know that complaints
such as insulinoma, adrenal disease, stomach ulcers, hairball blockages
and bedding chewing do not occur in ferrets fed on a natural diet.

To my dying day, I will always try to improve the life of all ferrets by
promoting a natural (*sigh* NOT LIVE) diet.

Yes, Always for the Ferrets,
Shirley