Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 07:08:12 -0500
To everyone -

        I'm glad someone reminded me.  I just wanted to take my hat off to Susan
Morrow of Big Apple Ferrets for putting on an EXCELLENT ferret show and
symposium last week in White Plains.  I was in attendance and put in a couple of
hours talking on Infectious and Non-Infectious Diseases of Ferrets.
Additionally, there were vets in attendance from several of the local practices,
and the exotic resident from the Animal Medical Center in NYC also did an
excellent presentation.  This was an extremely professional production and one
that provided more infroatmion for ferret owners on a variety of husbandry and
medical topics than any other which I have been to.

        The most amazing thing about the BAFF was that this was Susan's FIRST
show.  She and Neal Spangler (sp.?), the president of BAF really knocked
themselves out, and it showed.  Kudos to the both of them, and if you're in the
NY area next year, I would make plans to go to this show....

        Re: "Ferrets Unmasked".  I have seen it and have a copy of the tape.  FU
(oops, bad choice of initials), is an excellent tape for the novice and
intermediate ferret owner and covers a wide range of topics from Basic ferret
care, to ferret medicine, to the simple joys of owning a ferret.  Gandhi and
Toby Hurwitz and Mae Lucier have done an excellent job with the tape and it is
by far the best and most comprehensive video out there ( and has a lot of
wonderful fuzzie footage.)  Both my wife Colleen and I had a part in helping put
the tape together - Colleen did the narration, and I did some script consulting
work.  Beach Party Production, in turn, gave a nice donation in our names to
STAR ferrets.  (And if you see the tape, you will see many of our ferrets, and
even Colleen and I somewhere in the tape.  And I'm not going to tell you
where.....).

        Ferrets Unmasked will be available for sale, I believe, shortly through
many of the ferret groups.  I'm not sure of the price ($29.95 perhaps????)
Beach Party was at the BAFF with a box, and they sold out in the first hour.  It
runs about 100 minutes, and is well worth the price.

       Bruce Williams, DVM                 Department of Veterinary Pathology
       [log in to unmask]         Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
       (202) 782-2600/2602                 Washington, D.C.  20306-6000