Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:47:24 -0800
I have flown somewhat recently (Winter 98-99) with a ferret on Delta.  No
problems whatsoever; in fact, the staff slowed me down a bit on my entry
into the plane to get a good look at her cuteness. :)  However, I did not
pay a mere $40, as some other lucky person did.  I was charged $60 PER TRIP
for a total of $120.  Whether this varies from airport to airport, or just
a change made since the previous poster traveled with ferrets (or could we
be so lucky that Delta dropped their prices???), I don't know.  But yes,
you do need to reserve the tickets in advance (as I recall, I didn't have
to pay for my ferret until I actually got to the counter).  I'd call and
check and see what the charges are and MAKE SURE they tell you the round
trip cost.  I was told $60, but not that the $60 was one-way only.

Good luck.

Lyn

=====
"It is said that the worst thing one can do to a man is to kill his
self-respect.  But that's not true.  Self-respect is something that can't
be killed.  The worst thing is to kill a man's pretense at it."
_The Fountainhead_