From:
Deborah Micklea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 21:36:38 -0400
I guess I should have been a bit more specific on my post.  Please understand
that things are pretty rough with all our worry over our little one at our
house, so if I sometimes don't make sense, please forgive me!  I'll due my
best to clear things up.

While one, smaller section of the guarentee (the end that I was to keep) does
only guarentee that my ferret was spayed/neutered and descented, the other
half states "XXXXXX Farm, Inc, guarantees that all their ferrets have been
neutered and de-scented.  If your ferret dies from genetic or congenital
abnormalities during the year following purchase, obtain a letter from your
veterinarian on their letterhead stating the cause of death and return this
letter along with your guarantee receipt to the place of purchase.  Upon our
authorization the seller will replace the ferret." So the breeder has
extended the health guarantee.

Please don't get me wrong.  I don't mean to slam the breeder.  In fact, we
are overjoyed at what wonderful, affectionate, personable little critters we
received, and think their temperment is perfect, which is one of the reasons
why we are so heartbroken over Tygger's "defect".  We just want to make sure
the breeder knows that there is a problem and follows through on their
promises, promises that were a major motivation behind our purchase of two of
their ferrets.

I did finally get through to the farm, and they said right away that they
would "give me a new animal" and would send me something in the mail, even
after I explained that Tygger was very much alive and hopefully still would
be after the guarantee expired (expaining that I was more than happy to cover
the cost of vet care myself).  I was a little concerned that they didn't ask
how old Tygger was, when/ where he was purchased, what his illness was, etc.,
but I am being optimistic that this just means that they are more than
willing to fulfill their guarantee and were not just putting me off.

Thanks again to all for their advice/concern, and apologies once again for
being so emotional about things.

Deborah and the gang in MI