From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:46:57 -0400
We got good news with Hilbert in that it is asthma rather than heart
disease or a lung infection. He may be more inclined to lung infection
during this, though, so he is having an antihistamine and antibiotic,
but if he worsens Theophylline will be compounded for him to also get.

His asthma wasn't as bad down there which may help narrow down which
pollen is getting him. We suspect it is the weed plantain which is
very prevalent in a neighboring wetland. (We live in a ridge and swamp
ecological region in the NE US.)

Thank goodness for useful tests like chest x-rays!

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: