From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 11:42:32 EDT
Since I get a lot of information from everyone here on the list I thought I
would pose yet another question.

My babies scratch themselves.  It might now be a lot, but it seems like
it is to me.  Butch will scratch and scratch himself.  He does it when he
wakes up, he'll stop playing and running around to scratch.  It seems like
the only two time I haven't seen him scratch were when he uses the litter
box or is sleeping.  He gets Ferret Coat and vitamins daily.  We haven't
been outside to play (yet) and I'm worried about bringing him outside and
exposing him to fleas.  They eat Iams Kitten kibble, I can't get them to
switch over to the two brands of ferret kibble that I've offered them.
What would cause this scratching and is there anything I can do to
relieve it?

While I'm thinking of it, how do you handle fleas on ferrets?  What
should I use on them and has anyone used the Halt flea towels I've seen
advertised?  I want them to have the opportunity to play outside but
don't want them to get eaten alive by fleas

Thanks for your help!
Connie