From:
DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 19:41:31 -0400
     I've been away fro 10 days, but in playing catch-up today I came
across the stories of computer repairing ferrets!  Someone in issue
801 suggested that perhaps ferrets would make excellent computer
operators.  Apparently my husband thought so too....
We are computer operators for a large corporation's data processing
center.  I was working one of our usual 12 hour shifts one Saturday
when I developed a migrain headache, only to find that all
painkillers I can take had vanished from the first-aid drawer.  I'm
the lead on my shift and didn't have any operators in that day that
were experienced enough to finish out the shift without me, so I
called Scott (husband) at home and asked him to bring me appropriate
medication.  When he showed up, he not only brought the drugs, but
the pet carrier containing Pixie, our little cuddle ferret!  He said
he thought I could use some ferret kisses to make me feel better! :)
It was terribly cute, but I was horrified, as one of the supervisors
had just dropped by to see how things were going.... :)  Oh, well, no
trouble came of it, and I did get a ferret cuddle or two to help me
through the day.  And now, though the FML, I have found that Pixie
really bribed her Daddy to bring her along because she was hoping to
show off her inborn talents!  None of this PC stuff for her, she
wanted to get at the big machines!

            Debra in Ft. Worth, TX

P.S.--  It is worth noting, however, that she had previously walked
across my home PC keyboard and goobered up my checkbook/financial
manager program so badly that I had to recover it from my
(fortunately recent) backup!  Maybe that was just a fat-finger typo?