From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:25:27 -0400
>Fleas on ferrets at Shelter FNW are vanquished in our two step program
>that involves diet additives and the substance termed 1-Naphthyl-N-methyl
>carbamate (Carbaryl) at 5% in a 95% inert ingredient mixture.

I was under the impression that carbaryl (sevin) is a rather strong
insecticide, not something you'd really want to use in direct contact with
an animal--anyone have specific info?  Has the formula changed over the
years?

I found that by using Advantage only on my dog, that the flea problem
disappears entirely--from the cats, the ferrets, and the house as well.
(Obviously, if you have just ferrets and no dog, you'd need to put it on the
ferrets :-) I battled fleas for years, and this is the first thing I've used
that I feel really works and is also pretty safe.  It is wonderful not to
have fleas anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie in Mass. with 8 delightful fuzzy terrorists