From:
Maryanne Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:45:47 EST
Hi everyone.  Not long ago I asked for suggestions on how to care for my
Ling Ling, who is and was not eating.  Thanks for your feedback.  I have
taken her to the vet today to have blood work done.  Her results were not
good.  Her Liver count or ALT was 607.

Do any of you have a ferret that experienced a bad liver count?  The vet
told me this could be due to her not getting enough nutrition as well as
numerous other things this could be from.  I'm just hoping that she will
eat more.  She does like the A/D food but doesn't eat enough of it.  Not
near as much as she is suppose to.

It's very hard to feed a ferret that doesn't want to eat not to mention the
quantity of food you want them to eat.  How do you do it????????????????????
I really must know.  If she doesn't get the nutrition, I'm afraid she will
die.  I am trying very hard.  I'm just not experienced with a sick fuzzy.
At least not as sick as this little tyke.  I really need someone who has
dealt with very sick ferrets to help me bring her back to the life she once
had.

I've only known Ling for a week now and I've not yet seen her romping and
playing cause she has been sick.  I would be so grateful if someone could
help me to get her well.

My sincere thanks and Max, Panda, and her ole chum Buttercup would be
forever grateful.