From:
Carrie Renshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:06:14 MDT
Last week I posted that my sweet little baby, Skooter, crossed the rainbow
bridge.  Thank you very much everyone for all of your very kind words,
prayers and encouragement.  You really helped through a very bad time.  It
was so nice to know how much you all cared.  Any way, I must tell you of
what happened next....

Just a little background...I adopted Skooter on June 20 from a family owned
store in Calgary, Alberta.  This store is PET CARNIVAL SUPERSTORE and is
located at Chinook Mall.  I adopted Sullivan, my dainty female sable, last
December from PET HAVEN at Southcentre Mall.  These stores plus stores at
Marlborough Mall and Deerfoot Mall are all owned by one family.  My
heartfelt thanks go out to Peter, Dave, Lois, Bob and Kelly and the rest of
their staff.  When I lost my little fuzzy, Skooter, the next day I telephone
Dave at Pet Haven and I told him what happened.  They were very sympathetic
and understood how I felt.  I didn't call them with the intent of getting
another baby, but the next day Dave called me back and said that I should go
to one of their stores and choose another ferret.  He was careful how he
worded what he said, he did not say "replace"... Anyway, Friday evening I
was feeling pretty lousy so I thought if I just had a look at the fuzzies it
might perk me up.  Well, guess who I came home with!....He is Skooter's
brother...He is 3 months old today and is much bigger than Skooter was
(close to 3 lbs.), very clumsy, a little different in colouring than
Skooter, and he's a cuddler.  He likes to be held and cuddled before he goes
back into his enclosure.  He still bites a bit but he has been in the pet
shop almost a month longer than his brother.  Sullivan,is so tiny compared
to him, but still tries to drag him around the house by the scruff of his
neck.  Toby loves to play with him, and he with the Tobemeister.  The pet
shop also gave us a new harness for the little fella.  Now my problem is
that I don't know what to call him, and I know I can't keep referring to him
as Skooter's brother...so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

I had to let you all know about this wonderful family owned pet store chain,
as they are so caring and understanding.  All of the animals in their stores
are very well attended, kept very clean and are all loved by the staff.
Bob, at Pet Carnival, especially loves looking after the ferrets.  He is
well informed and each morning before the store opens he allows (one by one,
supervised) each of the little fuzzies some play time outside of their
enclosure.

I just got a post back from Troy Lynn Echart with a great suggestion for a
name for my new Big Baby.  The suggestion is "SUNNY", as he brought a ray of
sunshine back into my life.  Isn't that a great name?!  Sorry this is so
long!!

     dooks and hugs to all...

     Carrie, Sullivan, Toby and Big Baby..