From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:08:27 -0700
I came home to find Fitch's face and front paws covered in blood. Red
fluff from his bed was stuck to him. He was just red allover. So I
freak out! I check to see if Earl is ok and he's his pristine albino
self, no red. I rush upstairs with Fitch to the bathroom and turn on
the faucet to get warm water. I wash his face and paws delicately
looking for a large wound. There's a lot of blood. I clean his ears,
look in his mouth check his soft nose. All the while he's squirming and
trying to get away. I look between his toes. I'm not finding a wound,
there's no wound! It must be Earl. So I run downstairs and again no
wound on either. What the? So I start cleaning the room looking for
a trail. I've cleaned up Fitches blood before and there's nothing. I
start looking for something sharp and this room is clean and super
ferret proof. Then I pull down a box of halloween stuff on a high shelf
and there's a tube of fake blood with the telltale teeth marks in it.
He must have thought he found the mother load as fake blood is just red
dye and sugar. I melt with relief. Little bugger! Scared me to death!

Kristina Borgstrom