From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 04:47:17 -0700
Thank, you, Pie, for the wonderful news from the Bridge about Pixie,
and for remembering all the past friends I have written about. There
are so many others that have gone but I only write about a few special
babies. I talked to Pixie's owner who had had her only a week, got her
from someone from Craig'sList. The former owner warned this person that
Pixie liked to chew on plastic bags. Pixie had been active and playful
but went down fast so apparently that was the problem. Even if the
owner had got her to the vet sooner she probably could not have paid
for surgery so the result would be the same- blockage and starvation
from eating the plastic. There are so many things ferrets like to chew
on. I have made a list and keep adding more to it. Plastic bags were
not on it before but will be now.

Carol Owens,
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ