From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:16:56 -0400
Dear FML-ers.
I just read my poem and noticed a big goof in the third paragraph, 4th
line. I've corrected it, and for those who wanted to save this poem,
save this one. I usually catch goof-ups before, but this time i didn't!
Thanks again for wanting to save this.

Journey To The Bridge

They walked into the office, where he said, I'll be ok.
I'm going to the Rainbow Bridge, where I can run and play.
I know how much you love me, and that fact is very clear.
Don't cry for me dear mommy please, don't even shed a tear.

But tears came still when "it" appeared, the ending to his pain.
His mom could not control her tears as they fell down like rain.
And in that moment all time stopped, but she began to smile.
I know I'll see you once again, though it may be a while.

The medicine had done it's job, there were no words to say.
He now was free, his pain was gone, and he was on his way.
A greeter at The Bridge said, there you are, I knew you'd be
coming to The Bridge today, then they both dooked with glee!

They stopped along the misting pond to send a kiss to her.
He looked into the pond and smiled at all of his new fur!
Oh Mom, if you could only see the beauty that is here.
He closed his eyes and sent his kiss then wiped away a tear.

With a swish they left the pond to visit an old friend,
But as he left he turned around and thought of her again.
I'm happy mom, he thought, I'm well, my life has started new.
Here I will play, and I will dance, while I wait just for you.

S.Pyron 7/18/11