From:
Michaela Maurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:47:13 -0000
HI,
Just curious about the age of the oldest ferret to undergo surgery.  I know
there are risks but that it is still relative to the individual ferret.
I'm quite curious how old the oldest is/was and how s/he is doing.

Also would love to talk to anyone who has had a ferret undergo *complete*
bilateralectomies via either technique (resection/ligation or cryo) and has
or is still using supplementation for their ferrets.  I am weighing the
pros and cons of total vs.  subtotal bilateralectomies right now (for both
my girls) and I would love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks,
ps. If I'm slow to respond to any email, it's 'cause I'm out of town. I
*will* respond..not to worry :)

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ohio State University