From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:21:00 EDT
Anon from CA asked about blue bumps on the skin: Generally this is one type
of benign cysts ferrets get as they age.  You should have your vet look at
it and have it removed and biopsied, to be on the safe side.

My ferret Elektra (RIP) had one of these and it was a sebaceous cyst
(benign).  My ferret Sidney has one now (and since he's a BEW, it's really
obvious) and I KNOW I should have it removed, and have all intentions of
doing that soon.  My guess is it's the same type as Elektra's.

One big problem with leaving these cysts on your ferret is they generally
are very itchy and the ferret will scratch them until they bleed.  Plus, you
never know when the cyst will be *malignant.* Anon, take your fuzzie to the
vet and have it removed.

Oh, and howdy to all those who I haven't talked to in a while!  Finally
after six months I've caught up on my FMLs and am able to read every day.
It's hard with a baby at home!

Amy, Dave and Sarah and:
Claudia (Did someone say VET?)
Sidney (I like my blue bump Mommy)
Max (Who cares about your bump? Just find me a sock!)
Hannah (Dook! Dook! I don't care about anything except getting into trouble!)