From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:48:19 -0800
::waving::

Hi everybody.  I wanted to tell you about a really neat fella that
arrived named Sandy.

I was flat-ferreting at the foot of the bridge today waiting for a new
arrival.  You see this little one was a bit late.  And I saw why.  Sandy
walked very casually over the bridge.  After he took his time coming
over, he greeted me with nose kisses.  I told him that my name was
SandEE.  He didn't seem amused.  LOL.  He was a good looking guy and so
laid back.  He acted a bit confused though.  So we walked about the place
and I 'splained everything to him.  He asked, "So I'll never be sick or
hurt ever again?"  I said, "yep!"  He was in shock.  He couldn't believe
that his mom and dad gave him such a loving gift.  He really worried
about them though because he knew it was a big sacrifice for them and he
knew how much they'd miss him.

I did just what his mom and dad wanted.  I told him everything was going
to be okay.  I even showed him the reflecting pool so he could check in
on them any time he wanted to.  He felt reassured and then he suddenly
remembered how good his new self felt.  And that's when he tried out his
new legs.  He said, finally his spirit matched his body!

Boy did he go to town.  No, I mean literally.  He dashed through the
meadows, gardens, stream, woods, all the way to Ferret Town.  In Ferret
Town there are endless places to explore.  He wasn't exploring though.
He was running and jumping up on love seats, then off to a bathroom to
jump into a bathtub, out again, and then into the kitchen to work his way
up to the table!  It was hard to follow him even with my eyes.  He kept
shouting, "isn't this great?!"

I told him if he thought that was great, to follow me.  We went outside,
and I taught him how to execute proper take offs so that he could fly.
We flew from cloud to cloud where he jumped on each one and shook them!
I asked him what in the world was he doing; and he said that he was doing
that to remind his mom and dad he was okay up here.  He told me that
maybe he could make it snow if he shook them enough over time.  Then he
got a better idea.  He flew all the way to the stars using his new wings.
He hid behind the reddish, blinking star in the constellation Orion and
said, "Look, the star looks like one of my eyes winking!  That'll remind
them that I'm doing just fine."  I told him that he doens't need to go to
such lengths to assure his mom and dad that he was fine and that they
knew ... that's why they helped him here.  I finally got him to settle
down.  And the Big Boss came to see him.  He scooped him up into his
arms, rolled Sandy over on his back, and rubbed his tummy.  And this
didn't get him all playful again, instead it made him smile and finally
fall asleep.

I'm going to go rest myself.  I'll need all the rest I can get for when
he wakes up again!

Sandee