From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:24:15 -0700
Just thought I'd update everyone on Abby's health.  She had 2 low glucose
readings and I was feeding her Insta-glucose.  She hated it.  My vets
wouldn't do surgery because they wanted to get the test back for insulin
first.

She has a terrible sweet tooth and wasn't eating her food or duck soup.  I
couldn't find anything she would eat besides maple syrup, marshmallows and
apples.  I decided to try one ingredient in the duck soup and chose the milk
replacer (kitten weaning formula).  Jackpot!!!  She absolutely LOVES it.  My
vet said to feed her all that she wants.  So far I have managed to feed her
5 times a day and she eats about 30 cc's at a time.  It's more of a problem
now for me to find the time.  We both feel so much better.  She's not acting
as lethargic and has gone back to sleeping in her hammock.  She might even
be gaining wt.  We are supposed to get the test results back tomorrow
(Sat.).  If we need to do surgery, I think she'll be ready and I'll
certainly feel better.  So far my other ferret Ginny is fine so, I don't
think this is anything contagious.

I am really enjoying reading and being a part of the FML.  Living in a city
where ferrets are illegal isn't easy.  At least they don't hunt down the
ferrets here.  ( The vets even board them for vacationing owners and get
away with it.) I've contacted the local ferret club and told them I would be
happy to work with them to change the city codes.  Looks like I'll be in for
a long battle.

Thanks for your help and for being here.
Nancy, Abby and Ginny (sending lots of kisses!!!)