From:
Edward Lipinski Ferrets NorthWest FNW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 23:20:12 -0700
in furnishing and training ferrets to hunt other animals.  What kind of a
man is this who will train ferrets to hunt (and kill) the poor prey that
in no way has harmed even one ferret anytime during its life?  How can we
stand by and allow  this terrible practice to occur right under our very
noses, to sit idly by, and not do SOMETHING to stop this maniac?

Please, good people, don't let this happen.  Get busy and bombard Mr.
Lipinski with your most strenous opinions to his inhumane, ugly and
horrific plans that will result in the deaths of innocent animals.

Mr. Lipinski's ferret farm has been inspected by both the Humane Society,
SPCA and the King County Animal Agency upon the basis of written complaints
describing cruelty and improper raising (breeding) of ferrets.

Both agencies have found no faults and have both passed Mr. Lipinski's
ferret farm and no citations, warnings, nor confiscations of his ferrets
have been issued or conducted.

While it is true that Mr. Lipinski is not training ferrets as hunters of
poor animals in Washington State (IT IS ILLEGAL HERE!!!!) he should be
stopped from allowing his ferrets to be trained here and in other states
where ferret hunting is legal.

While it is possibly true that Mr. Lipinski upsets so many people with his
postings, he is, we know, a sensible man with a weird sense of humor.  Some
have referred to him as a "pot stirrer," whatever that is.  Same as a
trouble maker?

Please bombard him with your opinions (assume they'll be mostly negative)
and let him know just what you think of his intentions.  If he is not
deterred by your posts, then let's unite to buy him out all (said he has 38
as of May 27) his ferrets, so that he will have no ferrets left to train as
hunting ferrets.

Perhaps the Washington State Ferret Association could do something to help
in this most frustating problem we have with Mr. Lipinski.  He is certainly
backwards.

For the love of ferrets, Iksnipil Drawde.  (My name disguised for obvious
reasons)

On Thu, 27 May 1999 12:03:21 EDT [log in to unmask] writes:
>Ed
>Im the fellow that you corresponded with XXXXX about that wishes to
>obtain working ferrets.  You raised several questions to her and I will
try to answer them best I can.  I live in Colorado one of only two states,
the otherbeing Montana that allow the hunting with ferrets.  Colorado has a
season with stringent guidelines that you are required to follow to hunt
with ferrets.  The season for rabbits along with most things is closed at
present.  I dont think its right to mess with animals that are trying to
raise their young.  I have spoken to a fellow who used to have ferrets here
and he said that both rabbits and pds bolted with no harm to the ferret.
Although not my primary goal I do think it is worthwhile to maintain some
of characteristics >that an animal was originally intended for.  Most
ferrets today are raised by a few large breeders that select on how cute
and cuddly the ferret is and much of the working characteristics have been
lost.  I would make every effort to see that no harm came to them and that
both them and myself were properly trained.  I have ordered a book that is
considered the best on training and raising working ferrets from England
and will become thoroughly familiar with it.

Edward Lipinski Note:  Last 11 lines of msg cut to meet 126 max line
limit.  Total lines: 63.