From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:37:05 -0700
How can anyone make such a blanket statement?  If *we* don't breed ferrets,
who will?  Are we to only be allowed ferrets from Marshall Farms?  How
about if we only drive Fords?  Nobody else would be allowed to produce
cars.  Given this thinking, we could all end up in townhouses.  Not my
idea of a good time.

Or did I miss something?  Was this just a message to one person, not to
breeders in general?  It's my belief the desire to breed animals, birds,
etc., is pretty much a built in trait in us humans.  And like all traits,
the intensity varies, person to person.  Do I want to breed ferrets?  Are
you kidding, will the sun come up tomorrow?  Of course I want to!  Will I?
No, for about a zillion reasons.  When we get new people, they often ask
where they can get breeding stock.  And I'm one of the first people out of
the gate saying, "no, no, you don't want to do that".

I say EVERYBODY wants to breed ferrets, but that most of us will stiffle
the impulse.  But for those with the appropriate skills and knowledge who
are willing to undertake the task - more power to you.

Georgia - the left coast one...