From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:32:03 -0500
Hi FML!  This is Elizabeth, daughter of Bob C the crazy bone guy.  Its been
a long time since I've written about dad.  Sorry, but school and student
teaching has taken to much of my time.  And since I decided to let Uncle Sam
help pay for part of my education, I spend lots of time with him, if you
know what I mean.

I'm babysetting dad's ferrets this week.  Ok, so is Andrew, and our mom is
helping too, but I want all the credit, ok?  Dad had to take an emergency
vacation, so I get to be the ferret trainer for the rest of the week.  I
feel like I work in Walmart...."clean-up in isle 3!" Dad has a lot more room
in his new dungeon, which is what he likes to call his library and ferret
room.  If you think dad has lots of ferrets (I do!!!!) then you should see
how many books and file cabinets he has.  He is nuts about books, and he
would rather buy a book than new clothes.  I think that's why he always
looks like a surfer dweeb!

The ferrets miss dad.  Especially Stella, Bear, Carbone and Tui.  They stand
at the door each time they hear someone walk past, and I think they are
looking for him.  Tui and Carbone are so big!!  I don't mind picking up
their mistakes, but I have to tell you, it is creepy feeding them those
frozen mice dad gets from the reptile store.  Foster just loves them and
will steal them from the other ferrets when he is finished with his own,
and dad made me promise not to let him get away with it.  But he barks if I
try, so I put him in his own room until the others finish.  What an old
grump!  Dad really misses him, I think.

Well, this was just a short note to let all dad's friends know he is ok and
not to worry and he should be home and back on the computer soon.  I told
him I would write his friends, but I sort of lost my list, but I know most
of his ferret friends read the FML, so I did my duty.  Oh, thanks to dad's
friends who sent cards when I had my surgery a little while back.  I now
have this huge plastic thing I have to wear on my arm and wrist, and dad
calls me "Cyborg Church" or "Electronic Elizabeth." He is such a pain.
Would someone whack him for me?

Elizabeth, former and currently temporary chief pooper picker upper.