From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:23:13 EST
Dear Regina,
Sorry to hear of your break-up but be sure that your babies will be there
for you.  It is a medical fact that animals are very sensitive to our
emotions and even certain illnesses.  It has already been proven that
animals can sense and alert their owners of seizures before hand and now the
medical field is exploring the possibility that animals can SMELL certain
cancers (melanoma was the cancer in question).  I'm sure Amelia was trying
to make you feel better afterall you are her mommy.  I do not think she was
just cuddling up to you for the warmth.  Also, she may have been a little
upset herself (you don't have to be yelling for them to sense the tension)
and may have been looking for a little comforting herself.  I'm sure that
you probably were already aware of these facts but your post sounded like
you did not want anyone to think you were being silly for feeling like she
was trying to be there for you.  Of course, how could you feel silly in the
company of a bunch of fruity adults like us (the result of trying to think
like a ferret for too long)!

God Bless and Love to All,
        Irena...Lucy's mom