From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:46:28 -0700
I felt the same way about my ferrets when I had my child.  You can't
possibly imagine being able to spend as much time with them, and it's
true, you don't.  But, my daughter grew, got all interactive and such,
and nowadays she loves the ferret -- one remaining, Ralphie -- so much we
have to keep her away from him.  She wants him out of his cage, she wants
to chase him around, she wants to pick him up (!), etc.  We have to tell
her half the time Ralphie is sleeping.  She is a big fan of Ralphie.  She
is never alone with him, and she doesn't hold him for very long (she will
pick him up and bring him to us).  Who knew?  Ralphie is very patient,
and very good with her, except when he tries to steal her pacifiers.  She
doesn't particularly like *that* game.

Minta & Ralphie