From:
Jennifer Irwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:23:58 EDT
Please read ** VETS ESPECIALLY**

My vet and myself believe that my ferret Smokey has ADV.  He has all
of the symptoms (including that coughing) and his blood work seems to
confirm this.  We were not able to send out for the United Test yet, my
vet wants to wait until he gets a little stronger to draw more blood to
run that test.  I would appreciate it very much if anyone that has any
experience w/ ADV could please contact me.  My vet has never dealt with
this before and only knows what little info is in her books about it.

Please email me at [log in to unmask] with any information that you can
possibly give.  Anything that will help me and my vet to help Smokey
would be wonderful... blood values, diet recommendations, medicines to
help w/ supportive care, anything extra you have found that might help
them.... please..

I also have 4 other ferrets, so I might be looking at a quite long run w/
this disease and anything, even just your personal stories about ADV will
help me.

I can write you back and give you any more information you might want to
know.  Thank you very much in advance.

Jennifer, Smokey, Bandit, Booda, Diggler & Blue