From:
Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 08:36:07 -0700
Drag out your Christmas decorations and find the clips you've been using
to put up lights around the roof.

The clip you're looking for is the one that's universal, for big lights
and little lights.  It's that main brand that makes several different
types found at Walmart every year.  They come in package of 100 or so for
a couple of bucks.

The ^ in both drawings is actally rounded.

front view
  _
 / \
 |^|   <--- here to top is under-shingle part
 / \
(   )
 \ /
-' '-  <--- "legs" twist to cross for small light holder

side view

| ^
|(_
|  )
|  |
|__)    <--- here to top is under-shingle part

You can cut the top (shingle part) off.  It's the light holder that's so
useful.  Clip it to the top of the litter box and a cage wire.  Or clip mug
handles to cage wire.  On most mugs, you can twist the legs to prevent food
& water from being overturned.  When twisted closed, they're even strong
enough to hang multiple occupant hammocks.

Odd time of year to post this?  Blame the FLO.  It's taken my FLO operative
Boomer (aka "The Bag Man") till now to get the lid off of the popcorn tin
that normally serves as a plant stand & Xmas light storage.  With the help,
of course, of his assistant, Zora (a very agile second-story operative) who
at long last succeeding in scaling this climbing challenge, resulting in
the removal of my prize Northern Pine for for re-potting.

The Bag Man, grabbed the ziploc bag of clips and stashed them in the litter
box for removal of the clips from the bag.  Then he began relocating the
clips, one of which he cleverly stashed in his food mug.  (One of the
mushroom shaped coffee mugs, since one of his cagemates is a food
digger.)  Four more (I swear, exactly four) were stashed in his hammock.

Clearly, Boomer knew that I'd never figure out the true purpose of these
clips without a few very strong hints.

Now, I can use my plastic clothes hanger clips on my clothes hangers!

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home
(no longer sure who's training who)