From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 19:28:57 GMT
I honestly believe, like other animals, ferrets have the ability to love.
Not just their humans (as we would all like to have this) but their ferret
friends.  I see Chimi and Pepe curled next to each other in bed, and it
isn't just a matter of conveniently sharing a bed.  Chimi had his arm
around Pepe like a boy would his young brother.  It made me smile.  They
cuddle each other.  I see it at the water bowl, they will take turns and
lick the other's face to make sure they are all wet...there's gotta be
compassion there.

I know, sure there are explanations, strictly non-emotional, survival
instincts...they don't know what love is like humans do...blah blah
blah...but don't we do the same actions (not exact, but similar) to the
ones we love??  If more advanced beings studied us and assumed we "dooked"
and "bottle brushed" for no reason...or we hugged people to keep predators
from attacking the group....then who's to say we are not wrong about the
logical explanations of animal actions??

Sure, I believe in instinct, survival and animals sticking together for
protection...but my ferrets love each other..I can see the bond...and it
isn't a flaky belief - I truly think their ability to love is what saves
them in the end.  This is strictly opinion...I'm not arguing explanations.
:o}

Sincerely,
Stephanie, Chimi (uhhh, mom? quit making me sound weird) &
Pepe (ewww...love....yuk...*spit* *spit*)