From:
Bobbie Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1993 16:53:33 -0400
   Is anybody familiar with the origin of the term "jilljab" as a
method of artificially terminating estrus?  We think it came from
England and would be interested in knowing its origin and practice.
   I believe Dr. Gorham at Washington State University was trying
(not too successfully?) to use this technique but apparently pheromones
are involved and more research is needed.
   Of course mating with a vasectomized hob is the best method if
possible, and hormonal drugs are, as always a last resort--but if anybody
can help us out we'd appreciate it!  (we are talking about terminating
estrus without pregnancy. . .)
  Thanx!  Kate Pappas and Emmett Kelly Point-Three  [log in to unmask]

p.s.  also thanx for all replies to my FERVAC-D query!
p.s. 2. Chris--apologies & 50 wet-noodle lashes for me; everyone--don't
be a dummy like I just was and accidentally posted to the sub address
instead of the list! (shame, shame on me. . . )     :(