Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:15:11 -0600
>From:    TJ <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Some years back we heard that San Antonio, TX did not permit ferrets in
>the city limits.  ...   Is this still the case?

Ferrets have been legal in San Antonio for quite some time now.  You can
see the city ordinances at www.municode.com.  Click on the link on the
left for online codes.  Select Texas, then select San Antonio Codes.

After it loads, look down the outline on the left (assuming the new
frames version), and expand (click the plus sign) Chapter 5, Animals &
Fowl.  Then expand Article IV.  DANGEROUS ANIMALS AND PET LICENSES, then
DIVISION 2.  PET.  Within that section you'll find codes regarding
licensing pet dogs, cats, and ferrets.  The RABIES CONTROL section
lays out vaccination and quarantine requirements.

See also http://www.saferrets.org/ for the San Antonio ferret organization.

Debra in Fort Worth