From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:14:49 -0800
Was at the fed store picking up grain for the horse....asked if they had
any intention of ever selling wood stove pellets-it sure would be easy
to just pull up and have them load it.  Got to yakking and told the guy I
used it for litter for my ferrets-not to burn.  He said they have not been
able to find a supplier for wood pellets but they had something new that
has been turning in positive responses!  Has anyone heard of or used
something called ABM by Eagle Valley?

It is Advanced Bedding Management and is supposed to be very absorbant.
It is 100% wood-no additives and biodegradable.  It is slightly more
expensive than wood pellets-$4.49 for a 35 pound bag.

Since I still have a few bags of wood pellets left, I did not buy any....
but would be interested to hear if anyone else has used it and what their
opinion is!  It is not pelleted....it is more crushed.  It looks and
sounds like it may be an alternative to wood pellets and possibly easier
to find during the "wood burning" months!

Anyone know anything about it?

Judy Cooke