From:
Michael Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 07:54:52 PST
Hi All:

This is my first posting to the ferret-list, so I hope I sent this thing
right.  "Hooter" (he came with the name, and we were goig to change it 'til
our little niece started calling him that, then it sounded cute)...but I
digress.  He's adorable, the funnest pet we've ever had, BUT whenever he wants
to get into someplace he shouldn't, he scratches at the carpet and rips it up.

We've tried using a squirt bottle on him when he does this, but he ususally
just shakes his head and does goes right back to do it again.

This is probably an instinctual type of behavior (the scratching, not the
squirting), but has anyone had luck dealing with this?

Many thanks,

Michael