From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:17:41 -0700
As I mentioned here before, I was on a "quest" for a very long time
to find chicken jerky for pets that did not come from China.

For ages, I did not even find chicken jerky for HUMANS that wasn't
from China. Then I finally located some at Trader Joe's.

But there is only one Trader Joe's in the area, and I don't get around
there very often right now. BUT... I stumbled on another source.

The Fred Meyer chain (and lots of other stores too) carry Smokehouse
brand dog treats. Their "Prime Chips -- Chicken Breast" is chopped and
formed, not straight jerky, but the only ingredients are chicken meat
and a little salt. And it has a big "Made In USA" sticker right on the
front of the bag. Sure enough, the bag itself says it was 100% made in
USA.

You might want to be careful, though, because that brand also sells
quite a few other products in similar bags, and many of them ARE made
in China. Some of those have "lab tested in the USA" labels but who
knows what that means, really? Obviously they can't do more than random
samplings.

Anyway, if you are looking for some healthy treats, check out the dog
treats in your local stores. The brand is Smokehouse, the bag is sort
of orange, and the product is "Prime Chips".