Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:48:22 EST
Before I send this out, I wanted to clear it. Is it okay?
Robin

Back in 2002 Judy Cooke came up with a brilliant idea. A way for us
ferret folks to have some fun and support SOS at the same time. The
idea was simple. A card exchange. People who were interested emailed
Judy and she sent back a list of other interested people. The idea was
to send everyone on that list a card in the theme of that particular
exchange. Judy also included her name to every list, and if you wanted
to, it wasn't mandatory, the sender could slip a couple of dollars in
her card, Judy collected the money, and at the end of that exchange the
money was given to SOS to help shelter ferrets in need. It was a ton of
fun and a great way to meet other FML people. The cards were so much
fun, and some people put little goodies in the envelope.

In 2005 Judy moved on to other projects and Joanne Werstlein took over,
and has successfully run the exchange for the last 5 years. Joanne's
life has gotten busier than normal, and she asked if I would be
interested it taking on the task. I am thrilled. I hope I can do as
well as Judy and Joanne. I have 2 tough acts to follow.

My first card exchange be the St. Patrick's Day Exchange. I am still
working out the details. We are going to do something different with my
debut exchange. I hope will all join me with my new endeavor. I will
post more in another week.

Let's Have Fun!
Robin Jones
(http://www.supportourshelters.org/card.htm)