From:
Bob Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:48:47 -0800
My ferret, Sunny is behaving oddly.He will drink a little water and thenrun
to the litter box where he will dig around a little, and then put his head
down and raise his rump in the air.  After a few seconds he goes back to
the water dish and repeats the process.  He is not pooping or peeing,
though it looks as though that is what he wants to do.Also he does not
want to be handled at all.  About two hours ago I found a very watery stool
which I thought was his but another ferret was out at the same time.  Sunny
is 3 years old and was recently diagnosed with E.C.E.  For the last four
weeks his stools have been normal and so has his behavior.  Can any one
offer a suggestion as to what his trouble may be?  Needless to say he will
visit the vet first thing in the morning, but the only vet, locally, is
not a ferret whiz.

Thanks for any help....
Bob,Sunny,Babe.& Maggie