From:
Nancy Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:16:33 -0500
Tomorrow, Tuesday March 3, Popcorn and Graham are making the 2 1/2 hour trip
to visit Dr. Weiss for Adrenal surgery.  Popcorn is 6 1/2, Graham is ~5 or 6
(he was a found ferret from a shelter).  Graham also has a large tumor near
the base of his tail, so his tail will most likely have to come off, and his
bloodwork may have indicated insulinoma, but it wasn't conclusive so we'll
re-test his glucose before surgery.  Popcorn, otoh, is in good condition
otherwise.

Both are about 1/2 bald.  I'm embarrassed to say that it has taken me a long
time to overcome some emotional barriers I built when I lost Percy and Bree
following surgery (for pancreatic tumors) 2 1/2 years ago.  Popcorn and
Graham probably should have had this surgery a year ago.  But I just
couldn't make the phone call, so I decided to try some homeopathic remedies
first.  (In my defense, I would have had them at the vet in a second had
they actually gotten "sick".)  Now, looking at them I realize that it is
only a matter of time before they do get "sick", so we have had the
bloodwork done and are heading down bright and early in the morning while
they are still basically healthy if not well-dressed.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

- Nancy

P.S.  Please note the new e-mail address.  My sys-admin at work has decided
to start screening our internet mail, so I am switching to my private
address.

-----
Nancy Stephens