From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 2010 05:40:07 -0700
I am interested in hearing which meds others use in lieu of
metronidiazole. Granted, I have been under a bit of stress lately, but
if I have one more good intentioned vet tech come out front and proceed
to tell me that "Well, this is chocolate flavored so it won't be so
bad." I will scruff them and pour the whole freaking bottle down their
throat, being sure to cover as many taste buds as possible and then
ask them if the chocolate flavor really helped!! I am done using the
medication - it is absolute torture for my ferrets and I am really
having a hard time getting it off the ceiling!

I am not trying to be rude, but I am not interested in hearing
different ways to present it to the kids - I have already gone down
that path and to date; I have not had a single ferret out smarted by
new techniques. My ferrets deserve a better medication than this one.
Luckily, I have a wonderful vet very open to trying new options.

I apologize if any vet techs reading this are offended. I truly enjoy
the support and care given at my vet office, but this one got the
better of me.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3