From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 17:10:28 +0000
Hello All,

Having a wonderful day today.  I hope everyone else is.  And from some of
the responses I am getting, I think I am well on my way to irritating all
kinds of folks and changing those attitudes out there.  hehe.  Thank you,
thank you, that is one of my missions in life.

According to Ela the LD 50 is the name of the test, not the level.  I must
have read about that thing 15 years ago and as such, the mind plays tricks.
I cannot confirm or deny what she says, I thought I remembered the test to
mean the percentage of stuff needed to kill an individual, she says
populations.  I will concede the point, but what I was saying still stands,
anything used to kill bugs can be dangerous.  It is definately not
non-toxic.  Oh and Ela, I filter or buy filtered water.  Haven't drunk
plain tap water in years.

Monica (aka Monkey Mo)- you are definately correct.  Meat is the only thing
with complete proteins in it, including taurine.  Vegetables have only some
amino acids, hence incomplete proteins.  the point I was getting at I seemed
to have barely touched on though, that taurine isn't going to be listed,
even if added, but that no one should greatly worry about this.  I tend to
edit myself too much, rather than trying to cover every conceivable point,
so I sometimes leave out important stuff.  But at least you don't fall
asleep reading it.

Oh BTW Mo, I ain't going to divulge who it was. Nope, never. Nah Nah Nah.
PFFHTTT!!But my backyard has the perfect hill in it for watching a full moon,
like we had this weekend.

The taurine I use in the duck soup is made by Country Life vitamins and
comes powdered, in capsules.  You should be able to get it through any
health food store.

Other than that, it has been a wonderful day.  Oops, said that already.  I
am working on freeing someone from behind the Zion curtain.  Of course, I
am not sure Missouri is the place to be, but she is.  Of course, she is a
square head from way back.

Margaret, aka Mo' Monkey
"I'm not getting old, I wear wrinkles to conceal my true identity from
forces of the evil empire."