Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:49:53 EDT

It's Ferret Buckeye Bash time! Join us, Saturday, Aug. 28th at
Veteran's Memorial Hall, 300 W. Broad Street, (downtown) Columbus,
Ohio.

The FERRET BUCKEYE BASH is a 3 Ring Championship, Companion Ring and
All Specialty Show, presented by HEART OF OHIO FERRET ASSOCATION and
RESCUE and sanctioned by the American Ferret Association. Again this
year, we are proud to have The FerretDepot.com as our title sponsor.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is one of the largest ferret shows in the
USA. Many of you saw highlights of the Ferret Buckeye Bash on the PBS
special, Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence. This exciting PBS special
produced by Mark Lewis in 2006, first shown in 2007 and has been shown
in reruns each year on public broadcasting stations all over the US
giving all an inside perspective of the world of ferrets.

The first deadline for show entries is coming up fast.. Saturday,
July. 24. Show registration paperwork with vendor, hotel and other
information is available in PDF format from our website:
http://www.hofarescue.org/
There is also an E-mail Format entry form for e-mailing in your entries
available and either paying via PayPal or mailing in your check. If you
are unable to download, contact me at [log in to unmask] and I will
snail-mail to you.

HIGHLIGHTS!

Again we have our Annual Photo Contest where the winner is featured
on the cover of our show catalog. Bring a photo of your ferret for a
chance to be the cover ferret" for 2011! Please, amateur photos only --
no professional photos please. Voting will be done at the Ferret
Buckeye Bash. Those attending the show vote for the winner buy buying
each vote for 50 cents. Proceeds will be donated to a needy shelter.
There is more information on the contest posted on our website --
www.hofarescue.org.

This year we have a couple new speakers. Nathan Vandercar will be
giving a presentation on Nutrition and Natural Feeding.. Ever wonder
how to decipher what the ingredients really are on that bag of
kibble..even when it says all natural, chicken by-products. Ever
wonder.what the benefits of feeding raw prey? Nathan can answer many
of these questions. Pet People will have some of the natural foods. In
addition, for those that want to try prey feeding, RodentPro.com will
again be at the show for you to pick up some raw prey to see if your
ferret(s) will eat before making that big commitment. If you already
feed raw prey, contact RodentPro.com and make an order ahead..they pack
in dry ice and you can save shipping! Sue Wilson-Lassanske, a ferret
lover living in Australia, will give a talk on life in "downunder"
with ferrets.

There's more...We have a face painter..not just for kits..want ferret
paw prints that truly say, my ferret walks all over me? Sue Pascual,
an animal communicator. Do you ever wonder what your ferret is really
thinking about? Joe and Suzy Digital Photo's will be available for
photos of your ferrets with ribbons, trophies or just one of the many
fun props available. http://www.digitalbyjoe.us/

We have several fun events for you. Bring a costume for your ferret
and compete in the Best Dressed Ferret contest, get ready to test your
ferret's tube skills in the tube races. How fast can your ferret escape
a paper bag? Do you think you have the best kisser? How about the an
Elvis and Twiggy ferret.

Don't forget our AWESOME raffle! Remember, it's your generous donations
that make this such an awesome raffle. So, if you have something to
donate to the raffle, please contact Jackie Ferguson at

Donations are also accepted the day of the show. We appreciate your
donations and remember, if you wish an ad in our show catalog in
exchange for your donation, please make sure you make a note of that
and get your artwork in to FBB, P.O. Box 15753, Columbus, OH 43215 or
to e-mailed to me by the deadline of AUG. 15.

SPONSORSHIP...we still need sponsors for our many of our specialty
rings and championship rings. What a great way to advertise your
business be it ferret related or not. You can even sponsor in memory
of a lost loved one. Sponsors get an ad in the show catalog, listed on
ribbons, trophies, score tags and more. Please contact me at
[log in to unmask] if you are able to sponsor a ring.

VENDORS..We have room for more vendors. Last year we had over 30 GREAT
vendors so there will be shopping galore to do.

There will so much for you and your ferret(s) to participate in. So
come and enjoy a fun filled day of shopping, great raffle, exceptional
speakers, fun events and the camaraderie of your fellow ferret
fanatics!

Remember, all ferrets in the show hall should have a current distemper
vaccination and MUST have a record of a current rabies (Imrab 3)
vaccination along with a current (within 6 months prior to show date)
ADV negative test results from one of the labs listed in the
registration paperwork. The is for the safety of all and is required.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and
Rescue's main fundraiser. It's through the support of our generous
sponsors, club members, exhibitors, vendors, speakers and attendees;
we are able to offer this wonderful fun and educational event to the
public. Thereby, enabling HOFA-Rescue to maintain our shelter and
provide necessary support and care for so many homeless ferrets in
Central Ohio.

Hope to see everyone there!

Scarlett

Scarlett Gray-Saling, Event Coordinator, Ferret Buckeye Bash
Suzy Mentzer-Hahn, President
Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue
http://www.hofarescue.org/

FERRET BUCKEYE  BASH
Championship and All Specialty Ferret Show
Vendors, Speakers, Raffle & Much More
Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010
Veteran's Memorial Hall (show hall)
300 W. Broad St.