From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 05:46:47 -0400
The long anticipated installation of our new heating system begins next week.

Because of the age and size of our house our only choice was to run a hot
water baseboard system that will radiate heat from a copper pipe run through
metal fins.  Not my first choice, considering our animal population, but
better then freezing AGAIN this coming winter.

Has anyone had these with ferrets?  The ferrets have their own room and
there is no way to keep them away from the baseboard heating units that will
be installed there.  Our heating guys tell us the units get warm but won't
burn you if you touch them.  The heating guys also tell me the fins, which
are accessible from the inside of the cabinet are very sharp.

Do ferrets become like reptiles (or cats) during the winter and try to sleep
on heating vents?

Should I install hardware cloth over the opening to the cabinet to guarantee
that no ferrets try to get inside?

Please e-mail or post here if you have a reply!!

Ann
Massey, Eris, Iodine and Sluggo...