From:
Robert & Beth Kilbourne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:14:12 -0500
Since I live in the panhandle of Florida, it is not to difficult to
figure out which rescue you are referring to.(since there is only one)
For those who have never had the opportunity to go to this shelter let
me tell you a little about the folks, the fertties, and home.

Yes they are an elderly couple who spend every waking (and not so waking)
moments taking care of ferrets and doves.  I have never in my life ever
seen two people more dedicated to animals than they are.  They are
extremely knowledgeable about the care of ferrets.

How do I know???  Well in the past year I have adopted 5 ferrets from
them and I have rescued one that was going to go to the pound to be put
to sleep.  I do not pretend to be very knowledgeable about ferrets, I
read, I ask, and I research.

Since I met the folks at this rescue my heart has gone out to ferrets
more than I thought possible.  (I used to be an avid dog person) Every
question or concern I had they had the answer to it.  If not they
referred me to their vet.  Speaking of their vet, I got full medical
histories on all 5 of my ferrets, the vet was more than willing to give
me full copies.  On Two of my older ferrets the records went back over a
year, I think from the time the shelter got them.So I think Ms. Sandi is
mistaken on the fact they are all in need of medical attention.  The vet
is wonderful, oh and the vaccination schedule for each ferret is on the
refrigerator next to the calendar in their kitchen, did you look at that
Ms. Sandi?

I also visit the shelter frequently, I have never seen what was your
wording,
>The place is filthy beyond filth.The smell will take your breathe
>away.There is dried poop months old along with dried urine.The floor
>is so NASTY.It hadn't been cleaned in months."

Well I am there more than once a month and I can say there is not month
old pee or poop.  The cages are cleaned once a day, again I have spent
time there.  Late at night after all the ferrets have had there play time
and their cuddle time, the cleaning of the house begins.  Ms. Sandi you
of all people should know running a shelter is a 24 hour job.

The house is air-conditioned and there are ceiling fans in the room with
the ferrets.  Oh the one room that needs a little more ventilation (it
could use more but) uh... how about hurricane Ivan took out the trees
on that side of the house and a tree went into that window.  Well no
contractor wants to touch that for under $3000.00.  Just to install a
window.  Well thank goodness for the Boy Scouts, a troop will soon be
installing that window with a certified contractor on looking as a
service project.

Ms. Sandi I do not really know why you called animal control on this
shelter, these animals are in good caring hands.  Shame on you... When
ready I will adopt more ferrets from this shelter, because I know they
have been kept well and have been loved.

Lottery???  Lets see, Petland ferrets in Florida $125.00 a shelter ferret
$75.00???  how do you figure lottery?  I would much rather pay $75.00 to
the shelter knowing that my money is going to help care for the other
ones still there.

Ms. Sandi shame on you for posting like this.

Beth