From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 09:40:46 -0700
I would just like to echo Cathy Strobach and Debbie Saunders'
Thank You. Their words of gratitude were written so eloquently
and touchingly. I found myself nodding in agreement all the way
through their posts.

In 1996 when I got my first ferrets, Beau and Nilla, if you would have
told me I would become a ferret shelter, I would have told you you were
crazy. It was not my intent, it evolved over the years; and in 2001, it
hit. I have absolutely no regrets.

The "Ferret Community" is magnanimous with their support and I am
extremely grateful for everything you've done for me and the rescue
kids here at the West Michigan Ferret Connection.

******** On another note:
One of the WMFC permanent ferrets, Molly, crossed over the Rainbow
Bridge during the nite. I'd known Molly most of her little life. I
first met her with her original owner, Carol, in a pet store in 2001.
It was Molly & Boomer. Carol adopted Sid in 2002 and it was Molly,
Boomer & Sid. In 2004, Carol became ill and was instructed by her
doctor to get rid of her animals. It was the most heart-wrencing
surrender I've ever done because it broke Carol's heart to give Molly,
Boomer & Sid up.

Molly, Boomer & Sid were adopted a few months later. Sid crossed
over. Molly & Boomer came back in 2006 when their owner developed
fibromyalgia and was unable to care for them. Another heartbreaking
surrender.

Boomer crossed over in May 2007. I wasn't sure Molly would get past
her grief losing her brother, but she did well. She was on the Ferret
Giving Tree and received wonderful attention from wonderful Secret
Santas. Molly loved to kiss, sweet little butterfly kisses. She adored
Jacob, Rose's son. She was safe here. She was loved here. Last nite, I
cuddled her in her yellow blanket and told her she could go and asked
her to say "hi" to Boomer & Sid when she met them on the other side of
the Rainbow Bridge. She gave me a face full of butterfly kisses. I
bundled her up in her yellow blanket and put her back in her cage.
This morning she was gone. Sweet little Molly.

Life goes on. Happy Mothers Day.

Dee West Michigan Ferret Connection