From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 11:10:46 -0600
I'm looking for an e-mail or snail mail address for Dr Karen Rosenthal and
Dr Bruce Williams.

My 3 year old male ferret "Boots" just underwent adrenal surgery.  Boots
did not display the classic symptoms of adrenal, instead the only clue I
had was continuous weight loss (8 oz over a period of six months) He
displayed no hair loss, no aggression and no urinary problems.  All I knew
was that something was wrong.  His blood tests came back normal.  I then
asked my vet (Dr Louis Kwantes) if he had heard of the Tennessee Adrenal
Panel.  He hadn't but he phoned them and found out what they tested and
what procedure was used and then called around our City and found someone
who could duplicate most of what is done in the test.  The results: His
estradiol (?) levels were very high which is why I elected to have
exploratory surgery done.

On Sept 24/98 Dr Kwantes removed Boots left adrenal gland.

The Histopath report came back as a pheochromatocytomo tumor completely
enclosed within the adrenal gland.  Because it was enclosed and the other
organs all looked good the prognosis was given as good, that Boots should
make a full recovery.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that this is so.

According to the book "Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents" this is a very tumor,
which is why I would like to get a copy of the Pathologist report to Dr
Rosenthal and Dr Williams.

Please respond to [log in to unmask]

Thanks
Barb Gustafson (aka Boots)
Alberta Ferret Society

You can respond to this e-mail online.
If you have ICQ my ICQ# is 1092229
If you don't have ICQ you can page me through:
* My Personal Communication Center: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1092229 (go
  there and try it!)
* Or you can send me e-mail to [log in to unmask]
  You can download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/