From:
Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 06:05:39 -0400
First of all, in regard to my article on 6-24 may I disagree, in answer to
Judy Cooke, I Just want to set the record straight to anyone who wants to
flame me for this article!!!!  At no time did I mention that I support any
large breeders or pet stores!!!  I do not DISCRIMINATE against any ferret
just because of where they were born.  I know that when I walk into a pet
store and see the horrendous conditions that they are living in, am I to
turn the other cheek and allow these babies to stay in these conditions?
I THINK NOT!!!  I am a TRUE FERRET LOVER and absolutely REFUSE to stop
rescuing these babies just because they come from MF or any other large
breeders!!!!!!  I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE FOR THE FERRET'S regardless of
their origin!!!!!!!  As long as there are unknowing people who walk into
a pet store and purchase a ferret just because they are cute MF and other
large breeders will always stay in business.  DO NOT take your hatred out
for these breeders on the kits because they are the ones you are hurting,
not the breeders!!!!  If there is anyone out there who wishes to flame me
because of my feelings for ALL ferrets go ahead and do so, but it won't
change my mind!!!!  I will continue rescuing these kits as long as they are
living in these conditions!!!!!!!!

Dawn, Tazy, and Trouble