From:
Laura Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:19:41 -0400
Lynn: Some ideas: If either you or your daughter wear anything distinctive,
i.e. perfume, spray it outside around your house and especially the
doorways.  Leave food and water there and someplace to crawl into to sleep.
The smell of "you" may attract your baby and bring him/her home.  Don't
forget, their most acute sense is their olfactory sense.  (right, smarter
people???) Also, shaking goodies, squeeking favorite toys, etc.  are always
good tricks.  Spread the word, and keep looking and much as possible.  First
days are crucial.  Best of luck.  My heart goes out to you..  been there too
many times, and through too many tears.  For inspiration - she always turned
up or came home.  She's tearing up the place as I type.  lol!