From:
Rob and Kate Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 07:58:00 -0500
Under the spell of my ferret horde, I was looking at the advertising issue
yesterday morning.  For some reason, every time I saw something else for
sale in the list, I kept thinking "I need one of these all of a sudden --
no, two of those -- and those, and those, and those, and....

At any rate, I was pretty jazzed about some of the cool things people have
to offer, but I noticed the majority of the pricing was in U.S.  dollars,
which means for a poor Canuck like me, the price was about 1.5 times as
much, in my local currency.

Out of idle curiosity, I was wondering if some of the American retailers on
the list would be willing to set some sort of "standard" (static) Canadian
pricing, kind of like what you see on the back of books. The way our dollar
fluctuates, one day something that costs $10 US costs $14.50 CDN, and the
next day it costs $15.25 CDN, depending on the exchange rate.

OTOH, I suppose this is a boon for any of the Yanks looking to buy Canadian
stuff.....

Kate and her Eight (in no particular order: Jill, Buster, Poga, Zabaks,
Putt-Putt, Phoebe, Hillary, and Magellan the Jelly Bean)